Friday, January 22, 2010

My Heart Hurts for Haiti

I can't wrap my head or my heart around the tragedy in Haiti. The horror and devastation is just too much. The pictures on the paper, the web, the TV. I stare at them and cry.

I cry for those lost. I cry for those saved. I cry for the children who lost everything, and the ones who had nothing to begin with. I cry at the thought of the long road to recovery.

What can I do? I've donated money though my hospital who yearly sends a team to Haiti every February. They matched the donation 100%. And I pray.

I prayed for the safe return of the missionaries from my brother's church and the visas issued for the Pastor's adopted kids from Haiti. I pray for the people trying to rescue and provide aid. I pray for the surgeons attempting surgeries with crude conditions. I pray for all the people of Haiti, that they may stay strong in their faith, that they know that the world does care, that God is always with them.

I don't know if my prayers are enough, or even if I pray correctly, but I try. I just feel so helpless. I promise to keep on praying. I promise to keep on giving when I can.

No comments: