Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Snowing!!

Not only on the mountain, but here in Portland too! I have lived in the Northwest for 3 previous winters and I have only seen snow in the valley 3 times and it was gone by later that day if it even stuck at all. So it was quite a surprise to wake up to a sprinkling of white. It's just enough to cover the streets and most of the grass, though you can still see the tips of the grass outside. It looks pretty though. AND, it has snowed enough this weekend that the ski resorts are OPEN for business!!! Too bad, we'll be spending the next two weekends back east where skiing will not be possible, but we have made reservations for New Years to stay down in Bend, OR and ski Mt. Bachelor for 2 days. CAN'T WAIT. I only got to ski 1 1/2 days last season and it's now been over a year since I donned my skis. I'm SO looking forward to it. There aren't many things better than jumping off the lift into a steep, fast run and making some sweet turns through untracked snow.

No comments: