Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bummed Take 2

So I guess I need to update yet again. I woke up this morning about 5:45 to use the bathroom and thought I'd check the status of my mom's flight this AM. I blinked twice when I saw the "CANCELED" word again. I called her and sure enough she and my aunt were heading back to the car and driving back to Cleveland. Her flight was able to take off but it was full and no seat for them so they canceled their tickets. Thankfully, she gets a full refund but still. They braved horrible weather on Friday night to drive to Columbus, woke up EARLY on Saturday to go to the airport only to find out their flight was canceled, rebooked for Sunday and returned to my cousin's condo where they were snowed in all day. So then they get up EARLY again (after losing an hour of sleep thanks to the time change), go back to the airport and yep, canceled again. So at 6 AM they head for Cleveland, again in horrible weather, get stuck in the snow at the end of my aunt's street and have to be pushed out by some good samaritans and returned home to my mom's house. All that trouble, and no visit. :( I had planned to take them to the aquarium today here in Chattanooga. I went anyways, but it wasn't nearly as much fun. I did get to pet a few stingrays and even a shark though so that was cool!

No comments: