Wednesday, March 26, 2008

T-minus 100 days!

The Countdown is REALLY starting to pick up some speed! In now (less than) 100 days, James and I will finally be married! It seems like only a few months since we got engaged. Time does fly. I know I have a TON of stuff to do, yet have I done it? NOPE. My 3 months home in Cleveland are going to be "Busy, Busy, Busy" (in the words of that wicked man in Frosty the Snowman...what's his name??)

For those of you who don't know (which I doubt is anyone since I don't think random strangers are reading this blog...I'm not THAT interesting, but bear with me), James and I met when I was living in Puyallup, WA in 2005. We met through Yahoo Personals. I had just made my profile searchable again after having it made private for a few months while I was "seeing where it goes" with someone else. It obviously didn't work out and I turned to Yahoo again just to meet some new friends. I met a great guy named Chris who was in the Air Force and we became quite good friends while I lived there. I was saddened when I busted my phone last summer and couldn't retrieve my phone numbers and lost so many numbers of friends I've met along the way of my traveling world. And soon I met James. I told him on our first "date" that I was only interested in being friends for now. He seemed cool with that. We hung out quite a bit and I made the decision to ask him to my friend's wedding in Pittsburgh in December. Yes, I know. A trip across the country to meet some of my closest friends seemed like a sign of commitment but I wasn't there yet. I even sort of regretted having asked him but we already had plane tickets so...off we went. While there, two of my bestest friends from CLE came down to Pittsburgh for the night before the wedding and we all went to some club at Station Square. I distinctly remember the conversation with my best friend Megan after she had met James and saw our interactions. Her quote? "I can tell you're just not that into him." My response? "You're right!!" I decided that when I went home for Christmas I was going to give our whole "relationship" a few more weeks and if I was still feeling that way, that would be the breaking point. Well, after Christmas things were a whole lot different. I don't know why, but suddenly I was so excited to spend time with him. My heart would skip a beat and I remember the moment when I was struck over the head with Cupid's arrow and I realized I LOVED this man. I was standing in the bathroom brushing my teeth thinking about the wine tasting weekend James and I were embarking on and I thought, "Wow, how lucky am I?" My world has been spinning ever since!!

About six weeks after that moment, I moved to the Bay area and James and I have been long distance ever since. I did do one other assignment in the NW where I got to see him quite a bit, but I'm SO looking forward to seeing him every day (well almost) for the rest of my life. We're currently in the midst of our longest separation since we became long distance (9 weeks) but we've been pretty good at meeting up every 5-6 weeks usually. It's not ideal, but it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Is it July 4th yet??

No comments: