Tuesday, March 25, 2008

An update

I've been so busy lately! I went to Portland the weekend before Easter to see James. We managed to get all of our wedding invitations addressed as well as print out the inserts with the directions. Now all I have to do is hand write a few more that will move before we send them out and stuff and seal! We also went to dinner at The Melting Pot. YUM. It's a fondue restaurant for those of you who haven't been and I HIGHLY recommend...though it is pricey. Definitely only for a special occasion. We had a yummy spinach and artichoke cheese fondue for our appetizer and cooked some to.die.for treats in our main dish fondue some of which were: lobster tail, shrimp, chicken teriyaki, a yummy pork, and some other fine yummies. The best part: the Oreo Cookie Marshmallow Dream Dessert fondue. Nothing better than dipping strawberries, marshmallows, and brownie bite in warm dark chocolate with marshmallow and oreo crumbs. Pretty much HEAVEN.

I spent Easter weekend with my Aunt and Uncle in Atlanta. Pretty much did nothing, and it was great. Went to see my cousin Mikey's tennis match on Saturday. It was gorgeous...70ish and sunny. He lost and was bummed about it but I thought he did good. A much better job than I would have done. Then again I don't even know the rules of tennis and had to have my uncle explain it to me during the match. We had a fabulous steak dinner on Saturday and between my aunt, uncle, and me we polished off almost 3 bottles of wine! It was fun. Easter was pretty low key. My aunt put together an easter basket for me. So sweet! (and lots of sweets in it :)) She and I worked out at her gym which was good for me in my never-ending quest to get back in shape. I weighed in at my trainer's last week and I'm officially lighter than I've been in 8 years )though weighed in again today and back up over my plateau) and since August I've lost 18.5 pounds!! So excited about that!

I'm now down to 8 days at my job in Chattanooga. Where the hell does the time go? Seems like I just got here! I've LOVED my coworkers here. They are the best. A lot of them are near to my age which has been so nice. They even threw me a surprise bridal shower last week. SO FUN. I can't say enough about these women (and the 1 token male in the PT dept). I will truly miss them and their good ole southern hospitality. I've accepted a position to work at the main campus of the Cleveland Clinic starting April 8 and I'm so excited about that! What an opportunity to work at one of THE BEST hospitals in the country! If those 12 weeks fly by as much as these 12 weeks have, the wedding will be here! (100 days as of 3:30 PM on 3/26!!!) But who's counting? LOL.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

GREAT GREAT UPDATE!!
I can't believe how fast the wedding's coming, either. Woohoo!!

Jason and I were going to go to the Melting Pot just last month, but we decided to wait for my birthday. I'm so glad you liked the main course; I've heard the main course is not so great so it's nice to hear a balance of opinions.

Cleveland Clinic, huh? Very cool... it'll be fun to have you close again, at least for a little while. :)

Anonymous said...

hi Judi
I agree... a great update. i can't believe how fast the time is flying by. Hope we have enough time when you come home to have some fun along with all the stuff we have to get done. LOL
Love you.
Mom